Khosrow Mansourian was born in 1941, in a medium income level family in Tehran. He completed his elementary and middle school in Mashad and graduated from high school studies in 1969. After high school, he joined the Collage for Higher Social Services Studies and continued his focused studies in this field. Mansourian was elected as the student representative in collage and from than point on he commenced his social activities aimed at reducing social illnesses/disadvantages in society with a greater concentration on women and children with no custodian.
Some of Mansourian’s professional experience is as follows:
- Member of the Tehran Prostitution Research Team (1968)
- Founder of the social services department in the Tehran University (Student Affairs) (1970)
- Founder and the first managing director of Modern Nursery in Tehran (Ashiyaneh Kodak) (1970-1980)
- Member of Tehran University’s research and investigative team addressing students’ social and psychological issues.
- Deputy director of social and welfare affairs department of Tehran Municipality and managing director of the Tehran Training Organization 1978-1980)
- Member of the board of trustees and managing director of Raad Rehabilitation and Training Complex NGO (1993-2007)
- Founder of Yazd Tavanyaban Rehabilitation and Training Complex NGO (1997)
- Founder and managing director of Mashad Tavanyaban Rehabilitation and Training Complex NGO (1998)
- Founder of Tavanyab and SPASDI NGOs (1999)
- Founder and member of the consulting team of SPASDI’s Hotline (2002)
- Extensive cooperation with international organizations such as the following: UN, UNDP, UNHCR, UNAIDS, UNICEF, UNODC and others
- Cooperation with UNHCR in execution of capacity building project targeting Afghan and Iraqi women refugees in Iran